Call for poetry and flash fiction: Return of the Tripping Spriggan
After our fey-tastic first volume of poetry – The Tripping Spriggan – was published as part of Breaking Convention: 3rd International Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness (2015), we are very pleased to announce the Return of the Tripping Spriggan for this year’s 4th conference – As part of which we’re calling out for contributions from all you wonderful psychedelic poets and writers! Here’s some details on how to contribute, and please read carefully before submitting:
- The theme is broadly altered states, with a focus on psychedelics, fantasy, and elfin mischief.
- We accept submissions of up to 2 poems, each of which cannot be more than 50 lines.
- A slight addition from our last volume means that we also accept flash fiction of up to 500 words – although only 1 work of fiction per person/submission.
- You are welcome to send poetry and fiction (maximum 3 pieces total)
- All work must be original and unpublished. Please indicate if you have submitted your work elsewhere and are waiting to hear back.
- Please send submissions to psypressuk[@]gmail.com and include ‘Spriggan’ in the subject line. Poetry and fiction should be attached as a .doc and should have a short bio about yourself.
- The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2017.
- You will hear back by May 10, 2017 if you have been accepted.
The 4th Breaking Convention is happening between June 30 and July 2, 2017 (still a few tickets available here, although they’re disappearing quickly) and a copy of the Return of the Tripping Spriggan will be included in every conference bag for delegates (approx. 1000). Accepted authors will all receive a complementary copy for themselves whether they are attending or not, and will have the opportunity to purchase further ones at a greatly reduced rate.
We do hope you can be a part of what promises to be another excellent collection of poetry and prose, and we’re very much looking forward to reading all your wonderful tales! Keep it trippy!