PsypressUK 2013 Print Edition: Call for Article Submissions
The print publication of 500 copies of PsypressUK 2012 was a huge success and we’d like to thank everyone who contributed and read the first edition. Thanks to the amazing response we have decided to press ahead with the next edition. As with the previous, the magazine will focus on both psychedelic studies and culture in its content, blending analytical articles from both the humanities and sciences with creative non-fiction and alternative perspectives. Strictly speaking, it is the role, function and discourse of psychedelic drugs themselves, rather than a ‘psychedelic aesthetic’, which must underpin the content.
PsypressUK 2013 will be tripling in size and, unlike the first saddle-stitch edition, will be printed as a softbound paperback. In order to keep the magazine advertisement free—something we feel is important for both its integrity and for keeping the content reader-friendly—there will be a small cover charge per copy.
– The deadline for submissions is January 6, 2013
– Articles should be between 500 – 3000 words
– We do accept trip reports but they need to be of a high literary standard, ideally with an original dimension that challenges the modes this genre has thus far produced.
– Please include a 50 word spiel about yourself with the submission.
– Ideally articles should be original and unpublished, although exceptions can be made but please check with us first.
– If your article has references, please can you employ the MLA referencing system:
– All submission should be in either Word or Txt documents.
For more information or to pitch an idea please contact PsypressUK here, or to submit an article please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org – In the meantime, happy tripping and we look forward to reading your words.