Tickets on sale for Breaking Convention: A Multidisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness
Tickets for Breaking Convention: A Multidisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness are now on sale and can be bought from the conference’s website. Earlybird tickets are priced at £40 for students & concessions and £60 for general admission.
Breaking Convention – A Multidisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness is being held at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England, between the 2nd and 3rd of April, 2011. The conference will be centred around four symposia discussing: 1) Current research on consciousness and psychedelics at the University of Kent; 2) Ecstasy – Its place in medicine, society and politics: A multidisciplinary debate of the relative benefits and risks of MDMA; 3) What Does Psychedelic Mean? Organised by PsypressUK friend and contributor Dr. David Luke, and 4) Bold Visions – The Future of Psychedelic Research, organised by our friends at the UKC Psychedelics Society. Among the highlights included are:
- Talks by Eduardo Luna, Paul Devereux, Andy Letcher, Peter Oehen, Bia Labate, Evgeny Krupitsky, Mike Jay, Val Curran, Axel Klein, Andy Roberts and more.
- Video presentations from Ralph Metzner & Ram Dass.
- Screenings of ‘DMT: The Spirit Molecule‘, and ‘Dirty Pictures‘.
- Several tracks of seminars, debates, workshops and presentations from submitted abstracts.
- Two evening parties with live music, and a wine reception.
- Screenings of short psychedelic films, including ‘2012: Time For Change’, by Daniel Pinchbeck.
It looks like it’s going to be a truly brilliant event, with some of the finest speakers on psychedelics and consciousness from across the world. Hopfully we’ll see you all there in April!